Advantages and disadvantages of photovoltaics
Photovoltaics in business
Photovoltaics is an ecological, but not stable source of electricity generation. The panels only produce electricity during daylight hours (full power, given in kilowatt-pics, is only available at noon, in summer, on a sunny day). As a result, the efficiency of the installation per year is only about 10%. This means that a 1MWp installation will generate approx. 950 MWh of electricity per year. For comparison, a cogeneration unit with an electric capacity of 1MW will produce 8,500 MWh per year.
Comprehensive solution from GENERATE 4
Associated energy system: cogeneration unit + solar panels
- combining two energy generation sources into one system: a cogeneration unit and photovoltaic panels
- achieving an optimal return on investment thanks to adapting to the energy needs of the facility (recipient) in the hourly consumption range
- connection of full automation – BMS, automation of electrical and heating installations, remote monitoring
- optimal use of energy factors
- no need to resell to the network
- full power management
- maximum return on investment
- maximum reduction of CO2 emissions
CU + PV hybrid as an ideal supplement to power during peak hours (full use of energy produced on site guarantees the highest profits)
- blue line – facility’s need for EE
- yellow line – underestimated CU (average level of daily consumption at the level of night consumption, which practically does not require resale of electricity to the grid)
- green line – PV installation operating during the day, i.e. peak hours (also without the need to sell electricity to the grid)
If we have a larger area that can be used for photovoltaic panels, you can consider an enlarged – supplementary installation.
The surplus of generated electricity will go to the grid in the summer months. According to the law, it will be possible to pick it up, e.g. in the winter months, but only 70% or 80% (depending on the capacity of the installation). Due to this ‘charge for storing’ energy, the supplementary installation will be less profitable.